You will be acting via Insurers with the majority of work involving the defence of claims against Solicitors, Accountants and Construction Professionals. There will also be opportunities to work for other professions such as Barristers, Financial Advisers and Pensions Professionals. Additionally there may be occasional cases for Claimants and the team undertakes significant amounts of coverage work. Candidates should therefore have a thorough understanding of Insurance Law and policy issues.
You should also have experience of:
- Preparing reports for Insurers with the ability to explain and advise succinctly on difficult and complex areas.
- Liaising with senior professional clients in a variety of disciplines.
- Managing the Insurer/Insured relationship being aware of potential conflicts.
- Preparing for Court cases at all levels, including case management documentation interlocutory applications, expert instructions, witness statements and trial preparation.
- Monitoring critical dates and ensuring compliance with Insurer service level agreements.
- Understanding all systems and procedures with attention to detail and have the ability to explain and advise clients on those procedures.
- being able to give presentations to clients.