If you like detail and enjoy administrating processes and procedures you may be interested in this new vacancy assisting our Compliance Manager with a very busy and increasing workload.
You would be involved in a wide range of compliance tasks as a senior administrator and would have the opportunity to run and be involved in project work and to develop your skills and your career.
You will be someone who likes things to be just so and who appreciates the need for accuracy, attention to detail and a methodical approach. Proof reading would be second nature to you. You will be capable of working under pressure with the ability to plan and prioritise. You must be someone who enjoys processes but also has strong interpersonal skills, able to be assertive and to influence others. You will be willing to take over responsibility for tasks in order to support our Compliance Manager.
We have offices based in Hampshire, Richmond and London. You would be based in the Southampton area, but will be required to travel to other offices periodically. You must therefore be able to work outside normal working hours occasionally, able to drive and be willing to use you own car for which a mileage rate will be paid.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Proven experience to enable maintenance of the Management System, Compliance system and ISO 9001 Approval maintenance
- Document Control, ideally with a knowledge of the Sharepoint platform
- To administer and maintain Records and Registers
- To organise and deliver Induction training
- Monitoring the closure of non-compliances and carrying out internal audits
- To administer and maintain our Technical Review process
- To courteously deal with staff and regarding Client Complaints
- Dealing with enquiries from staff and external organisations in an inclusive and supportive manner
- Confident user of Word and experience of producing and maintaining Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to use databases for analysis and report writing with some knowledge of Powerpoint
- Ability to plan, prioritise and cope under pressure with a heavy workload
- Compliance and/or management systems experience in a professional services environment (e.g. LEXCEL, ISO, or working to a standard).
- Understanding of the legal profession and its regulatory environment, ideally including anti-money laundering experience
- Good written, numeric and verbal communication skills with a high level of accuracy
- Proof reading skills and the ability to adhere to Management System style.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be assertive when needed and to influence others
- Conscientious and methodical with good attention to detail
- Self motivated with an ability to use initiative to solve problems and take on responsibilities
- Ability to prioritise work load and to anticipate and meet deadlines
- Service oriented with an understanding of office procedures and etiquette
- Must be willing to work outside normal working hours on occasion to assist with departmental activities
- Graduate calibre ideally in a business related subject.
- Must drive and be willing to use own car on firm’s business for which a mileage allowance will be paid