Job 3 out of 34 Previous| 1 2 3 4 5 | Next
Job Description - Paralegal (LEX00H15)
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External
Main purpose of the role and any specialist knowledge requirements:
Assist the LexisPSL Insurance team by:
- undertaking legal research
- preparing initial drafts of core content and current awareness updates
- maintaining core content, particularly (i) timelines and trackers and (ii) toolkits
- maintaining the LexisPSL Insurance & Reinsurance homepage and sub-topic pages
- helping the LexisPSL Insurance & Reinsurance team to stay up to date, particularly by monitoring RSS feeds, industry websites and law firm briefings
- managing the LexisPSL Insurance & Reinsurance team’s social media presence (blog and Twitter)
- preparing first drafts of responses to queries received from customers via the LexisAsk service
- liaising with the LexisNexis go-to-market team, assisting with marketing materials
- undertaking general administrative tasks for the team
- Update content accurately and in a timely manner to reflect updates in legislation, regulatory announcements and current news events. Particular areas of focus include the LexisPSL Insurance (i) timelines and trackers and (ii) toolkits.
- Check and organise RSS feeds and daily news tracker feeds to ensure appropriate stories are included in the LexisPSL Insurance current awareness feed.
- Liaise with commissioning to ensure external content is correctly commissioned and returned in accordance with defined timeframes.
- If appropriate write core content, current awareness updates and news analysis.
- Assist in strengthening relationships with members of the LexisPSL Insurance Consulting Editorial Board and LexisPSL In-house Advisory Board.
- Undertake general administrative tasks to support the effective running of the team.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications.
- A working knowledge of legal research databases and an ability to undertake legal research in a wide range of areas of law and communicate findings clearly.
- Excellent command of written English and general common sense.
- Accurate proofing skills.
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team.
- Be able to see other people’s points of view and take on board feedback.
- Positive attitude and “can-do” approach.
- Highly motivated and well organised.
- Good time management skills. Ability to prioritise a varied workload and co-ordinate work from a number of sources.
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to learn quickly and to assimilate complex information.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.