Banking Solicitor (1-3 PQE)
As a leading law firm, Michelmores provides proactive, responsive and quality legal guidance across a comprehensive range of services. With our headquarters in Exeter, and offices in London and Bristol, we advise clients across the UK and internationally.
Our open and collegiate culture is recognised as strength by both clients and employees. We are proud of our culture, which has helped to foster a dynamic law firm. Our collegiate style allows us to work well as a team and towards our common aim of delivering exceptional client service.
Our specialist Banking and Insolvency team advises banks, financial institutions, asset based lenders, asset financiers, project financiers, trade financiers and borrowers on a variety of financial matters including, providing support on financial components of commercial property, projects and infrastructure transactions and corporate finance transactions.
The team prides itself in action on behalf of some of the UK's largest banking corporations and finance houses, as well as for borrowers in substantial lending transactions in domestic cross-border financings. Our team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Banking Solicitor 1-3 PQE to join in our Bristol, Exeter or London office.
The successful Banking Solicitor will join a nationally-recognised group of Lawyers and will be responsible for providing advice to banks, financial institutions, borrowers and other stakeholders on a variety of financial matters including senior and junior debt finance, asset-based lending, trade finance, and asset finance.
Assisting two busy partners undertaking a variety of finance-related work from loan and security documents, through to asset-based lending, asset finance, project finance and trade finance. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients including commercial banks, international banks, trade finance platforms and specialist asset or project financiers.
• Draft, negotiate and finalise finance and security documentation to a high standard.
• Manage files diligently and review each regularly.
• Ensure client and matter records are made and maintained in line with the firm's procedures.
• Maintain regular contact with the client and keep him/her informed at all times.
• Adhere to the Solicitor's Regulation Authority (SRA) Client Care directive and ensure the client care documentation is issued at the relevant time
• Play an active role in marketing and sales
• Forge strong peer-group relationships at relevant clients and contacts
• Maintain time recording on client matters on a daily basis in accordance with the firm's procedures.
We are looking for candidates with experience of;
• Financing and security documents
• Senior lending
• Loan Market Association standard form documents
• Mezzanine and junior lending
• Asset-based lending
• Project finance
• Asset finance
• 1- 3 PQE
You will be able to build effective and positive client relationships quickly and fully embrace the importance of client service.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and forward thinking Firm where clients recommend us because of the quality of our people and the depth of experience across the whole team. This experience gives real weight at the commercial pressure points of a deal, and has resulted in a reputation in the market for getting deals done.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.