Senior Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive – Tax & Estate Planning
To work as part of the tax & estate planning team. To undertake fee earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the practice area by achieving fee earning targets. To ensure work is completed in an efficient and effective manner within the parameters of ISO 9001 standards.
- To undertake fee earning work on behalf of clients
- To attend client meetings and take instructions (home visits as necessary).
- To create and maintain client files within the parameters of ISO 9001 standards.
- To generate suitable client correspondence.
- To draft legal documents as required.
- To comply with the firm's routine time recording, accounts and administrative disciplines within the parameters of ISO 9001 standards.
- Provide supervision and mentoring to junior fee earners.
- To promptly inform the practice head immediately of any potential problems on files.
- To participate in marketing and networking events, as requested.
- To attend and contribute to departmental meetings.
- To attend training events to comply with the SRA continuing competence requirements.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks to assist the department, as requested by the practice head.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A qualified solicitor (4 years + PQE) admitted as a solicitor by the Law Society or a CILEx qualified Legal Executive
- Previous experience in Tax & Estate Planning fee earning work in a law firm
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Previous experience of using a case management system (desirable)
- Ability to demonstrate excellent client care skills
- Good communication skills, orally and also written
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Member of STEP (desirable)
- Interest in participating in all business development activities relevant to TEP work
- Previous experience of supervising junior fee earners