CBU Supervising Associate
Growing out of the firm’s market leading financial services regulatory practice, the cross-border unit (“CBU”) is a newly formed sub-team responsible for further developing and encouraging Simmons & Simmons’ competitive edge in relation to cross-border regulatory side projects.
The CBU will manage, run and pitch for the high-profile; large scale cross-border regulatory side projects and delivers these in a commercial and cost-effective way for large name financial services clients.
- Responsible for day to day management of allocated client projects and ensuring clients receive commercial, practical advice within set time limits.
- Responsible for supervising and training junior members of CBU.
- Building and developing client relationships, including attending meetings and calls as required.
- Building and developing internal relationships and external counsel relationships.
- Researching new areas of regulation / new financial services / products as required.
- Assist with drafting of pitches for new work and presenting to clients.
- Supporting [CBU Team Leader] as required.
- Ensuring collaboration and solid working relationships between CBU and navigator team.
- Reviewing and suggesting improvements for processes / procedures.
- Excellent academics.
- Applicants will ideally have more than five years’ post qualification experience (which will have been gained at another leading City practice or in-house but in each case with a predominate focus on cross-border financial services regulation).
- Ability to build and maintain constructive relationships and networks with a variety of different individuals at different levels of seniority.
- Ability to influence and persuade at all levels, confidently and in an articulate manner.
- Strong client focus and commercially driven – keenness to demonstrate the navigator services offer to potential subscribers and train existing users.
- Able to manage a diverse and inclusive team.