Solicitor (NQ+), Corporate Finance
Location: Maidstone Department: Corporate Finance Start Date: ASAP
About the team:
Our expertise covers Mergers and Acquisitions, MBOs and MBIs, business finance, corporate structuring and joint ventures. We deal with around 30 transactions a year, with values ranging from £1m to £120m. Our core range is between £5m and £30m enterprise value. Whilst each client’s need is unique, the high levels of systems and processes we have developed, combined with our experience, ensure we can produce reliable results whilst containing costs.
Our access to market is through directly approaching key target clients, developing trusted advisor status with our clients and by reciprocating work introductions with a number of key referrers. Our focus on developing relationships within the banking sector also pays dividends, and as well as taking instructions from HSBC, Lloyds, NatWest and Santander, we are in an excellent position to make introductions and referrals to put together ‘deal teams’. In the last few years we have done a number of deals where we have acted for private equity houses.
About the role:
The main function of this role will be to provide general assistance and support to the Corporate Finance team on a range of transactions to include general mergers and acquisitions:
- Acting for a wide range of clients such as companies, banks and other financial institutions as well as for private individuals
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documentation including main documents such as sale and purchase agreements and ancillary documents eg board minutes and ancillary forms
- Providing assistance on completions and managing completion documents and deliverables
- Attending client meetings and completion meetings demonstrating flexibility on working hours when required
- Providing post completion transaction support to the team (undertaking deal summaries and producing bibles)
- Managing a large and varied workload with a strong commercial approach
- Organising your workload to ensure work correctly prioritised
- Participating in marketing initiatives
- Achieving a target of 1300 hours of chargeable work per year as well as two hours of non-chargeable activity per day (or pro rated if part-time)
Do you have?
- Ideally, at least 6 months post qualification experience of corporate finance work
- Client focus; the ability to build and sustain relationships
- Commercial awareness, offering technical excellence with a practical approach
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team not only in Corporate Finance but with internal teams across the business
- The desire to market your work and introduce business development initiatives where possible
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage a varied workload with the support of comprehensive accounting tools
- A clean driving licence / be a car owner to provide support to both the Crawley and Maidstone teams as required
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- The ability to be a strong team player.