Associate – Banking & Finance (2 - 4 years PQE)
Taylor Wessing is a leading International, full-service law firm, working with clients in the world's most dynamic industries. We are proud of our reputation as a forward-thinking firm, and we support clients wherever they want to do business. Our 33 offices in 20 countries around the world blend the best of local commercial, industry and cultural knowledge with international experience to provide proactive, integrated solutions for our clients.
Our innovative, modern approach is what defines us. Our clients range from promising new start-ups to multinational leaders of industry, with a client base that includes 60% of the world’s top 50 brands. In every case, we provide specialised legal advice, backed by a finely-tuned commercial intelligence.
Our growth and success has been achieved by the dedication of our people and our ability to attract and embed new talent that will thrive in our entrepreneurial, forward-thinking environment. We aim to attract a range of individuals with different and diverse skill sets and backgrounds to ensure our firm’s continued success.
· Building Strong Relationships
· Ambitious for Clients
· An Instinct for Business
· Seeking Innovation
Our Banking & Finance group works on a range of finance matters including real estate finance (including investment and development projects in all real estate sectors including hotels in the UK and internationally), leveraged/acquisition finance, trade/receivable finance, Islamic finance and restructuring.
· A 2-4 year PQE lawyer is required to join our Banking & Finance group. Approximately 70% of the group's work is real estate finance focused, with the bulk of this being lender led, acting for a mix of bank and non-bank lenders. We require an additional experienced associate who will be able to work with partners, senior counsel and senior associates on a broad range of real estate finance transactions.
· The Banking & Finance group is a single 'generalist' team, with fee earners expected to cover a broad range of loan finance transactions. In addition to real estate finance experience, the candidate should ideally also have experience in one of our other core areas, such as leveraged/acquisition finance, trade/receivable finance or general corporate lending.
· The candidate will have the opportunity to work with the 8 partners, 2 senior counsel and 15 associates in the group on a variety of finance matters.
· The role will have a high level of client contact and there will be strong involvement in business development.
· Clients include UK domestic and European banks and non-bank lenders, private equity funds, family offices and corporates.
Required to take a leading role on transactions. The main duties will include the following:
· Business development, both supporting other team members in client initiatives and driving forward your own ideas.
· Training and supervision of more junior team members.
· Working with other team members to improve the team efficiencies and working arrangements.
· Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· 2-4 years PQE.
· Strong academic background.
· UK qualified.
· Experience gained at a top tier finance practice.
· Ability to work both independently and in conjunction with partners.
· Strong technical skills in general finance and in particular real estate finance and one or more of leveraged/acquisition finance, trade/receivable finance or general corporate lending.
· Candidates should be able to demonstrate a high level of client contact, strong communication skills and strong business development skills.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Working Pattern: The standard Firm working hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday although we ask for flexibility from our employees as necessary to accommodate business needs. Taylor Wessing supports agile working, and the Talent Resourcing team would happily have conversations with potential candidates about how we could support agile or flexible working needs.