We are looking for a Para-PA to join the Property Department, based in London on a full time fixed-term basis. This is an ideal opportunity for a Law graduate with excellent academics looking for Property experience and to further their career.
This Property Paralegal PA role will include but is not limited to:
- Preparation of legal documents at the instruction and supervision of the fee earner as required
- Preparation of documents and reports based on existing precedents, including annexures and plans for engrossing
- Opening new client files, including completing conflict searches, preparing AML documentation and obtaining relevant documentation from clients and preparation of client engagement letters. Providing fee earners with regular updates/lists on any outstanding AML pending from the client which is delaying file opening
- Preparation of client engagement letters (using the precedent); collating all the relevant information required and maintaining client files on a day-to-day basis.
- Carrying out online searches through our search provider
- Obtaining OCE's (Office Copy Entries) through the Land Registry Portal
- Dealing with the Land Registry Online Portal - registrations, applications and searches
- Post completion administration and preparation for file closure
- Taking responsibility for post completion work and closing files
- Regularly and accurately maintain and update correspondence and filing
- Completing and submitting stamp duty land tax forms on line
- Preparing financial statements by using Excel sheets
- Managing diaries, ensuring they are up to date and reminding fee earners of meetings etc on a daily basis
- Arranging meetings, booking conference rooms, refreshments
- Organising travel arrangements, booking and confirmation of reservations and dealing with related invoices
- Arranging for or, where not appropriate, conducting photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out letters, faxes etc.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Taking internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate.
- Manage fee earner emails and voicemail when out of the office.
- Monitoring post and/or e-mails and dealing with as appropriate.
- Managing production of documents, coordinating changes and ensuring consistency including formatting, numbering, cross-referencing, etc.
- Managing audio typing, drafting correspondence, producing documents, letters, emails and memos.
- Undertaking research on clients or potential clients, including putting together briefing packs when required.
- Maintaining up-to-date contact details in Interaction for all lawyers' contacts.
- Assisting fee earners in the billing and credit control process.
- Requesting cheques, bank transfers and paying in money received, as appropriate.
- Working with the Legal PA's in the department with a view to providing holiday, illness and other necessary cover to agreed standards.
- Offering assistance to others in the department as required.
- Completed a legal qualification (LLB or GDL)
- LPC advantageous
- Have a strong interest in Property Law
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills
- Excellent attention to detail, work quickly and diligently
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others