Junior Associate – Private Client (0904)
Team: Private Client - Tax
Reports to: Private Client Partners
Purpose of job
To provide personal tax and trusts advice to ultra-high net-worth individuals and their related trusts, controlled companies and businesses including UK-resident non-domiciles and individuals based overseas.
What’s in it for you?
The BLP Private Wealth team has helped over 5,000 wealth owners around the world, their families and their other advisers, to protect, grow and pass on their personal business wealth.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated Private Client Associate to develop their career in a highly regarded team, whilst gaining exposure to a broad range of Private Client work.
We invest strongly in the training available to our associates. Our expert team of Private Client lawyers are known for their succinct, commercial and tailored approach which has gained us a Tier 1 Legal 500 ranking. This role will enable you to have significant client contact.
To advise clients on a wide range of Private Client matters including, but not limited to;
• Business succession planning;
• Tax efficient structuring for investment and trading activities;
• Shareholders’ agreements and shareholder disputes;
• Family constitutions/family governance agreements;
• Sale of a family business;
• Regulatory and compliance issues for family offices;
• Preventing and resolving family disputes;
• Confidentiality issues, including online risks;
• Service and administration agreements;
• Personal, trust and corporate tax advice;
• Residence and domicile, pre-immigration tax and wealth planning and emigration planning;
• International asset holding structures for personal and business assets, including art, private jets and yachts;
• Advising on HMRC and tax litigation; and
• Philanthropy and charitable giving.
A range of our clients as well as the Private Client team.
Experience and knowledge
• Circa 1 – 2 years’ PQE
• Relevant experience in Private Client and/or Tax
• Strong academic background
Skills and competencies
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to apply commercial and legal analytical skills to identify key issues and propose commercial solutions
• Clear and concise communication skills
• Flexible attitude
• Ability to add value and strengthen client relationships
• Makes an effort to understand the client’s needs and helps the team deliver excellent service
• Delegates work appropriately
• Takes responsibility for own development and regularly asks for feedback
• Develops knowledge of own practice area: reads relevant materials and attends training courses and seminars
Diversity, inclusion and working differently
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of BLP. We are wholly committed to creating an inclusive and inspirational culture where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to make the most of their skills qualities and points of difference and, most importantly, be themselves.
We believe that our goals of always exceeding client expectations and being the most attractive place to work will only be achieved if we recruit, retain, reward and develop our people with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.
BLP is a firm with an increasingly flexible workforce. We are supportive of a range of working arrangements, tailored to you as an individual, wherever possible.
Please ask the Resourcing Team about the flexible working arrangements that are available to you within this role.
Please note that our PQE levels as stated in our job descriptions are a guide only and all suitable candidates will be considered.