Employment and Labor
Dentons’ Global Employment and Labor Group includes over 400 lawyers, spread across our offices, who regularly represent management in connection with employment and benefits related litigation, corporate and governmental investigations, executive compensation and counseling projects. With our global presence and contacts, we are one of only a few firms that can provide multinational businesses with a coordinated solution to all their employment and benefits needs throughout the world.
Our employment and labor lawyers are known for their creative, business-savvy counseling skills and, when necessary, their results-driven, highly successful litigation practice. Dentons represents local and multinational businesses with respect to the full range of workforce-related issues and matters.
The global reach, consistent high quality, and efficiency of our Global Employment and Labor Group make Dentons uniquely qualified to provide both local and multi-national businesses with a comprehensive and effective employment and labor solution.
Purpose of role
We now have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Associate to join our growing practice in London.
You can expect a broad mix of work ranging from HR advisory, litigation in both employment tribunal and high court litigation, M&A and outsourcing. You will also work on large global projects with other Associates across the Dentons network.
You will maintain client relationships, contribute to business development and thought leadership, raising your own profile and supporting the continued growth of the practice.
The Dentons platform provides a fantastic opportunity for individuals to progress their career and be part of a growing practice and we are looking for people who are excited by the opportunity to contribute to that growth, whilst developing their expertise. The UK employment practice consists of 36 lawyers working as one team across London, Milton Keynes, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
We work with an interesting variety of clients across all sectors, with specific expertise in financial services institutions, retail and transport.
The role would be ideal for a 2-4 year pqe lawyer, however we would consider candidates above this.
- You will be expected to get involved in a broad rage of matters as part of a team and to also work independently on a variety of transactions across a range of sectors
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Contribute to business development
- Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalentExtensive knowledge of employment law and experience in advising large businesses on a mixture of contentious and non contentious employment related matters
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
- Is dedicated to exceptional client service
- Excellent business development ability
- Demonstrates commercial awareness
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills
- Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.