Osborne Clarke is recognised as one of the UK's most forward-thinking law firms. Our success is down to excellence in our approach to our clients, our people and our business.
With a growing international reach, particularly in Europe but also across Asia and the US, we look after a wide range of commercial clients such as Lloyds, HSBC, Facebook, and Vodafone as well as entrepreneurs and digital start-ups.
Our focussed strategy and positive working environment have been rewarded by many prestigious awards for career progression, management and culture, including being named Roll on Friday's 'Firm of the year' 2018.
Within IT we have a supportive culture, and believe in encouraging our people to progress in their careers through personal development and training.
Application Support are integral to the success and growth of the business, through providing support to users within OC; enabling the required business processes needed for the whole firm to be successful.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Application Support Manager, you will provide operational and technical support to the users of business applications within OC. More specifically, you will help to ensure that the business benefits of these applications continue to be achieved throughout their lifetime and that the return on the firm's investments in technology are maximised.
You will also work in collaboration with suppliers, maintainers and with other members of the Global IT team, to ensure the smooth delivery of software services and products to the business. You will also investigate and manage any problems being experienced with live applications through to resolution as efficiently as possible.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Be a primary resource for building knowledge through knowledge sharing initiatives, via documentation and knowledge base articles but also through dissemination direct to others across the IT function.
- Build standing in the Applications Team by playing a full part in team activity, and developing relationships with the wider IT Team in order to fulfil the Applications Support role.
- Capture and disseminate knowledge across the wider IT function, providing support to more junior members of the function but also to actively promote knowledge sharing initiatives and the development of an ITIL aligned knowledge management system.
- Assist with project work alongside BAU support duties as assigned.
- Supporting initiatives and creating service improvements.
- Actively manage own personal training and development, identifying any suitable development opportunities.
- Any other duties that may be required to ensure the efficient operation of the Application Support service, including actively assisting colleagues in times of high demand.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic IT professional. You will ideally have a background in a similar role within a law firm; however we are also open to applications from broader professional services backgrounds.
- Experience of providing advanced support for Enterprise Level Applications, with a strong preference for knowledge of applications focussed on the Legal Sector.
- Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills, with the drive to exceed expectations set as part of a performance managed environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication, with the ability to negotiate both with internal customers and external suppliers.
- High level of customer service skills, quickly and appropriately responding to requests and ensuring that colleagues and clients are kept up to date on progress
- Assist in the maintenance of documentation of the tools used to monitor applications.
- Proactive in terms of application configuration suggestions.
- Been involved in project based work of major systems both from advisory and also from a technical implementation and rollout perspective operated as a key IT player in various projects.
- Experience with a mixture of the following systems is preferable:
- Core desktop and office systems – ideally Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016
- Document Management Systems – ideally iManage
- Incident/helpdesk management systems – e.g. ivanti ServiceDesk
- Practice Management Systems
- Contact Relationship Management systems – ideally LexisNexis InterAction
- Digital Dictation – BigHand
- Time Recording – e.g. Intapp Time
- Windows Server versions 2003, 2008R2, 2012, 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server (and T-SQL) 2005 and above
- A basic understanding of network systems is also required, including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Remote Desktop Services (RDS).
To submit your application, please click on the link provided.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.