We have an exciting opportunity for an IT ServiceDesk Engineer to join our Bristol IT team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Osborne Clarke is a leading International Legal Practice looking after a wide range of commercial clients such as Barclays, Facebook, Siemens and Vodafone. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Our focussed strategy and open culture has been rewarded by winning two prestigious 'Law Firm of the Year' awards in 2015, as well as topping the Roll on Friday 'Firm of the Year' poll for Openness and Management Culture.
Our IT team provide the firm with the tools it needs to deliver great legal services to our clients efficiently and effectively. The team supports the wider firm in a professional manner whilst enjoying themselves along the way.
What you'll do
Reporting into the IT ServiceDesk Manager, you will be responsible for resolving computer software and hardware issues for OC employees. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide telephone, email and remote access support to users of IT systems across multiple international sites within established and strict SLA's & KPI's.
- Maintain timely and quality Incident closure, aiming for first-time fixes where possible and escalation to next level where required.
- Ensure client satisfaction with timely communications and updates.
- Ensure full and correct information is collected and entered into incident record.
- Ensure that IT solutions are relevant to the business need and developed to meet end user requirements
- Help with the dissemination of skills and knowledge throughout the Technology Services team and actively collaborate with other members of the IT team to distribute workload effectively
- Create and maintain knowledge documentation for implemented resolutions
- Understand and adopt the principles of acting as a professional service provider to ensure a consistent standard of support to customers, which will be measured through feedback
- Contribute to the continuous review and improvement of IT Services team processes
- Keep up with advances in technology, new software and hardware in order to serve as an advisor to clients and other employees
- Ensure all asset details are maintained in the asset database
- Monitor Incidents to identify frequently arising issues and assist in the delivery of user coaching to resolve these
- Manage own workload and incident queue whilst monitoring the main ServiceDesk queue for new incidents and requests, ensuring all calls are kept up to date
What we're looking for
The successful candidate will have Technical support experience gained in a Microsoft environment, with a high level of problem solving; including Windows 7/10, Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Exchange 2010. You will have a strong customer service ethic and demonstrable customer service skills, as well as being committed to delivering an exceptional standard of service.
- Essential to have experience using workflows and helpdesk business service tools, including incident / case management systems
- Knowledge of ITIL best practice would be favourable. ITIL certification preferred but not essential
- Experience of working within a professional services environment would be desirable
- Experience of supporting legal applications desirable
- Avaya Aura Telephony System, Document Management Systems, digital dictation and integrated products such as Kaspersky, Rightfax, Interaction, Ecopy and Mimecast.
- Mobile device support including troubleshooting and administration of BYOD solutions and iPhones
- Experience of Remote Access/flexible working support
- Knowledge of printer/scanning technologies and support
- Strong team player committed to assisting colleagues wherever necessary to maximise the effectiveness of the entire IT department
- Able to work autonomously and to schedule own resource appropriately
- Understanding of the implications of failing to provide outstanding service, especially in a Law Firm
- Should be able to demonstrate good problem solving technique using a sound logical approach, and ability to research using all means available
- Focussed on and able to work to or exceed agreed Service Levels
- Willing and able to be flexible in working practices
- Creative thinker skilled at solving problems for users
Hours of work are 35 hours on a rota system from Monday to Friday between 7.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. with one hour for lunch.
To submit your application, please click on the link below.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.