Leigh Day’s Manchester office is currently seeking to appoint a Paralegal to join the Personal Injury Department. This role offers an excellent opportunity to build a legal career and work with an award winning, specialist ‘claimant’ law firm, consistently ranked by legal directories as national leaders. To learn more visit Personal Injury.
Main tasks and responsibilities;
- Assist with drafting documents, client liaison, research work, general correspondence, typing and administrative support.
- Sort and review medical and financial records, liaise with medical professionals, financial institutions and other solicitors.
- In the absence of supervising fee-earner, ensure that urgent matters are referred to appropriate personnel.
- Attend court on applications, trials etc. when requested to do so.
- Organising and preparing court and other bundles.
- Telephone clients/other contacts as and when necessary, dealing with such calls in a courteous and efficient manner.
To be successful you must have;
- Relevant paralegal experience in Personal Injury.
- Experience in sorting and reviewing medical, financial records and drafting legal documentation and correspondence.
- Good academic background with legal qualifications (Degree, GDL, LPC etc.).
- Experience in interviewing clients, taking witness statements, dealing sensitively and managing difficult situations and conversations.
- Proven ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing with a wide range of clients and various stakeholders.
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient in relation to administration, typing and IT requirements.
Please visit our website https://www.leighday.co.uk/Careers/Paralegals/ to download the job description and application form.
This is a Permanent, full-time position based in Manchester.
Please return the following documents to email@example.com by Sunday 22 July 2018.
- A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
- A copy of your up-to-date CV.
- The completed application form, please click here.
Unfortunately failure to return all the above requested documents may result in your application not being considered.