Main Purpose of Job:
To act as Personal & Executive Assistant to the Company’s CEO, managing a complex moving diary, co-ordinating monthly/quarterly Board meetings and managing her personal and business affairs.
- Be the CEO’s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the business. Fielding telephone calls, screening enquiries and requests, handling accordingly or passing to CEO where relevant. No caller unless close family (and known to be such!) should be given any private contact details and should be advised their message will be passed on.
- Correspondence: To write/type letters for the CEO as directed and issue emails as necessary.
- Diary: Extensive and complex diary management – maintaining content, managing calendar conflicts proactively and arranging meetings both internally and externally, booking appointments, dinners and lunches as requested, as well as updating all personal & business travel arrangements for the CEO. It is essential the appointments diary is as up to date as possible at all times.
- Electronic address book: To update all new addresses – personal/professional/ hotels/restaurants etc. in respective electronic address books in Outlook and ensuring information is accurate and as up to date as possible at all times.
- Expenses Claims: Organising all receipts, checking and collating the monthly expenses claim for the CEO’s signature and onward transmission to the Chairman for approval;
- Board & Management Meetings: Managing multiple meeting requests, creating agendas and attending to take minutes (where required). Providing provide general assistance during meetings/presentations. Ensuring the CEO is well prepared for meetings and in possession of all relevant information and documentation;
- Travel: To be managed in all respects including currency orders required for the trip. The CEO will advise of intended travel and must be provided with proposed itineraries/travel options. On confirmation, booking the relevant business travel to include flights, hire cars, transfer logistics and accommodation and finalising the itineraries.
- General: Devising and maintaining office based systems, including data management and filing. Document production i.e. typing (audio), collation, printing, binding etc. Assisting in the production of presentation materials, briefing papers and reports for clients/management/Board meetings etc. Arranging events (internal/external) including costings, any travel arrangements, attendee arrangements etc.;
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Significant senior level EA experience within a corporate professional services environment able to meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Proactive approach with the ability to understand the needs of the CEO and respond as expected. Work on own initiative and manage time whilst maintaining high standards;
- Aptitude to manage the role both when office based but also remotely, with a smooth transition in terms of the support provided to the CEO when moving between the two environments;
- Flexible attitude to work and a willingness to meet unexpected deadlines and demands;
- High level of competency and proficiency across MS Office (Outlook/Excel/Word/PPT etc.);
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, thrive in a fast paced position and work under pressure;
- Strong organisational skills that contribute to meeting sequential deadlines and keeping to priorities;
- Good written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail;
Confidentially is of the utmost importance and you will ensure that the office is kept secure at all times, ensure complete confidentiality on all matters pertaining to the work undertaken on behalf of the CEO and other senior executives.
- Directly responsible to the CEO
To professionally and conscientiously fulfil the duties specified, maintaining at all times high standards of professional and personal presentation. To maintain at all times confidentiality on all matters appertaining to the Firm.