We have an exciting opportunity for a Knowledge Assistant to provide high quality support to our Knowledge team. We are looking for somebody to join us on a full-time basis to support the Knowledge Lawyers in the PREF (Projects, Real Estate, Finance) and Disputes and Risk Groups.
The principal role of the Knowledge Assistant is to support the Knowledge Lawyers in the implementation of their Knowledge Plans and assisting the Knowledge Lawyers:
- in the preparation of weekly internal "Knowledge Update" publications;
- in the development and maintenance of legal precedents;
- in the organisation of internal training and knowledge-sharing programmes;
- in the collection, storage, maintenance and sharing of internal and external legal and market know-how;
- in legal research;
- in maintaining and updating content on the Knowledge pages of the Firm's intranet;
- in the organisation of client knowledge activities (such as client seminars, client newsletters and updates);
- with Brexit planning; and
- with other firm-wide Knowledge projects which support the firm's commitment to seeking new and innovative ways to deliver value to our clients.
This role primarily supports the Knowledge Lawyers in the PREF and Disputes and Risk Groups and reports to the Senior Knowledge Lawyer for Finance. The Knowledge Team at Osborne Clarke is made up of Knowledge Lawyers and Knowledge Assistants and is headed up by the Head of Knowledge. The team as a whole provides a firm-wide professional support function (not only to the PREF and Disputes & Risk groups, but also to the Business Transactions and Advisory groups) which is recognised as integral to the performance of the firm. This role will also support the Knowledge Systems Manager and the Head of Knowledge on occasional work and projects when required.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) for degree in law or successful completion of the Graduate Diploma in Law.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including across Word, PowerPoint and other relevant common enterprise tools.
- Ability to work to deadlines, to manage a busy workload and to report on progress; appropriate balance between confidence in own judgement and knowing when to refer decisions to lawyers and to Business Services professionals.
- Ability to research and analyse areas of law and regulation with appropriate supervision and to identify the key commercial issues for Osborne Clarke's clients and key practice points for our lawyers arising out of that analysis.
- Experience of research and analysis in a legal environment and/or information management qualifications or experience would be an advantage.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail, and well-developed analytical skills.
- Team player and networker: able to quickly build relationships with a wide range of people.
- Keen and resourceful; pro-active and motivated self-starter with excellent organisational skills; flexible, pragmatic and problem-solving approach.
- Client-orientated approach – both internally and externally; ability to think laterally; appreciation of Knowledge Lawyer and fee earner needs and constraints; commercially aware.
- Enthusiasm for law and regulation generally within a client-focused professional services environment.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke LLP we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Emily Webb in the Recruitment team on 0117 917 3072 or email@example.com.
To apply, please click on the link below.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.