RPC Choice Structured Professional Indemnity Paralegal
RPC is an international law firm of over 650 people based in London, Bristol, Singapore and Hong-Kong. The Structured Professional Indemnity (SPI) team is part of RPC Choice - a Bristol-based team dedicated to the efficient and cost-effective management of cases and tasks that can be run at reduced cost via the application of technological and process-based solutions. Much of the team's work is done by paralegals, with the input, oversight and support of qualified lawyers and administrators. Skills employed include day-to-day running of a caseload, project management, quality assurance and process improvement.
RPC Choice strives to be innovative, collaborative, energetic and commercial. It aims to establish attractive, viable alternative careers in law and offer a broad, intelligent legal experience.
The SPI sub-team receives work from various professional Indemnity insurers in the UK market, across different lines of business (including negligence claims against solicitors, surveyors and financial professionals and miscellaneous professional indemnity).
The desire is to build the team in response to client requirements for a commercially-led solution to managing books of lower-value PII cases. The capture and use of valuable MI is central to the team's success, with data being used to shape direction and inform pricing.
Working with a Senior Associate, the RPC Choice Operations Manager and other team members, you will share responsibility for shaping the development of this approach.
Day to day work duties are likely to include:
· Management of a large caseload of professional indemnity claims matters under supervision of a Senior Associate. These cases will mainly be defence instructions with quantum of £0-£50,000, both pre-action and in litigation;
· Adherence to the agreed process, including diligent and consistent use of MI case management and data capture tools to produce reliable MI
· You will be responsible for all aspects of case handling, including acknowledgment of instructions, investigation, reporting to clients, drafting letters of response / correspondence to other parties, instructing Counsel and dealing with the various steps involved in a litigated case (usually within fast track but with the scope for some multi-track).
· As required, and as capacity allows, flexibility to assist other RPC Choice sub-teams with a variety of paralegal tasks. These may include document review, compliance checks and other matter support tasks
You will be expected to contribute to the development of RPC Choice and the SPI sub-team by:
· Delivering high quality and timely output to clients, ensuring high levels of customer service and alignment with agreed working practices
· Working to develop an environment of constant improvement: enthusiastically sharing with and helping others; and taking responsibility for aspects of team development, such as intranet pages, training and induction, process improvement, case management systems, technologies etc.
· Capturing and collating required MI in accordance with agreed practice – for performance management, client reporting, SLAs, pricing and other purposes
· Contributing to the development and improvement of RPC Choice's service, support, processes and procedures
· Demonstrating the values and behaviours that build up RPC Choice and keep it client-focused
Skills, attributes & experience
· Law degree or GDL
· A good working knowledge of law firm operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective file management
· Confident, with strong written and verbal communication skills
· Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated
· Commercially aware, with an understanding of the concepts of efficiency
· Organised and efficient, with a keen attention to detail
· Experience of using task flow, workflow or case management systems
· Able to prioritise and review on an ongoing basis subject to the urgency of the work being received
· Ability to deal with difficult or demanding situations
· Previous paralegal experience within a contentious environment
· Previous experience of running cases on a volume basis
· Experience of process development in a legal environment
Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Previous use of a case management system
The team is based in RPC's Bristol office at Temple Circus. This role will be based in Bristol, and travel to the London office may be required from time to time. You will report to the RPC Choice Operations Manager, who is also based in Bristol.
Full and part time opportunities may be available, according to current need.