Department: Business Development
Job Title: Business Development Assistant
Reports to: Head of Corporate BD (Corporate)
Purpose of the role:
Support principally the Corporate Practice Group on day to day activities in the delivery of business development plans, as well as other practice groups as and when required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Contribute to the successful implementation of business development and marketing plans through:
· Maintaining the business development content on the firm intranet, including updating the groups events calendar.
· Updating and maintaining information on firm websites.
· Assisting with the research, coordination and completion of Legal Directory submissions.
· Assisting with the implementation of specific business development projects.
· Assisting with the management of events, including on-the-day event support.
Bids / Proposals/ Marketing Collateral
Support the generation of new revenue through:
· Preparation of credential statements, case studies and capability statements and to support in the preparation of bids and bid presentation materials.
· Capture and manage credentials on the firm's credentials portal.
· Prepare and maintain collateral (brochures, conference collateral, pre-written content).
· Degree qualified or equivalent level experience.
· Marketing qualification or progress toward marketing qualifications is desirable.
· Previous experience of a professional environment desirable but not essential.
· IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
· Strong interpersonal and in particular, strong written communication skills
· Good time management and organisational skills with acute attention to detail.
· Basic project management skills.
Personal Qualities / Behaviours:
· Flexible and able to use own initiative.
· A motivated self-starter who is a good team player, determined to meet a challenge.
· Confident and outgoing.
· Able to balance pressure with good humour.
· Ability to change and adapt in a fast moving environment.
· Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the firm's core values of 'Approachable,' 'Bold' and 'Connected.'